Excellent service and practical tailor legal advice from specialists in marine & shipping finance and banking & finance law. We know how much a smooth transaction process matters to you, which is why we work hard to project manage your transaction from day one.
Achour law firm provides advice on all aspects of marine and shipping finance transactions, from ownership and finance structuring, to restructuring and recovery. We offer expertise in dealing with complex issues in marine and shipping finance, including those relating to offshore ownership structures, and leasing schemes designed for tax mitigation.
Our accessibility and responsiveness at every stage of the process is just one of the reasons why clients love working with us. We have built relationships with lawyers in all the major offshore shipping jurisdictions, and who share our commitment and enthusiasm.
Our marine and shipping capabilities extend beyond financing, to sale and purchase, chartering, building and refit, sponsorship, crew, project management agreements, collision and salvage, and dispute resolution.
The marine and shipping finance team advises banks, financial institutions and private individuals on the financing of newly delivered, under construction, and previously owned yachts. Clients are primarily ship owners and financial institutions, but also include ship managers, shipbuilders, brokers and other intermediaries.
The shipping finance team advises on all non-contentious legal aspects of shipping, in particular:
- Loan and security and other financing/investment documentation.
- Ship acquisition and disposal.
- Shipbuilding contracts and related documents.
Our shipping finance practice also includes:
- Structured and tax-based finance, including leases.
- Charters (including hire purchase) and other operational and commercial arrangements.
- Joint venture agreements.
- Credit enhancement.
- Vessel registration and ownership structures.
- Workouts and enforcement of mortgages and other ship-related security.
- Shipping aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions and privatizations.
We can also help you with:
- Islamic Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Marine Insurance
- Marine disputes
- Shipping litigation